Click each question to reveal the correct answer.
- What is the only model of aircraft currently flown by Southwest Airlines? Boeing 737
- Unless granted a specific exemption, NFL wide receivers must wear a two-digit uniform number beginning with one of what two digits? 1, 8
- What film’s marketing tagline “Live, Die, Repeat” was used in place of its original title when it was released on home video? Edge of Tomorrow
- What type of cotton fabric derives its name from the Persian words for “milk” and “sugar”? Seersucker (sheer + shakar)
- What five counties in New York State share their names with the last names of U.S. Presidents?
- In a traditional French restaurant kitchen, what role, translating as “keeper of the food”, involves preparation of salads, cold hors d’oeuvres, and pâtés? Garde manger
- What Simpsons character’s actual name is Jeffrey Albertson? Comic Book Guy
- What common substance might, under various conditions, exist in a “soft ball”, “hard ball”, “soft crack”, or “hard crack” state? Sugar or candy
- What three Major League Baseball teams play in stadiums named for brands of beer?
- Colorado Rockies (Coors Field)
- St. Louis Cardinals (Busch Stadium)
- Milwaukee Brewers (Miller Park)
- What word may refer either to a type of soup or a type of unglazed pottery? Bisque
- What are the only two animated TV programs that have been nominated for the Best Comedy Series Primetime Emmy Award?
- The Flintstones
- Family Guy
- What seven U.S. states have only one member of the House of Representatives?
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
Name the fictional written work (book, play, or musical) featuring each group of characters. The year of first publication or performance is given for each work.
- 1811 – Eleanor Dashwood, Marianne Dashwood, Edward Ferrars Sense and Sensibility
- 1847 – Sarah Reed, Edward Rochester, St. John Rivers Jane Eyre
- 1851 – Starbuck, Stubb, Flask Moby-Dick
- 1859 – Charles Darnay, Sydney Carton, John Barsad A Tale of Two Cities
- 1925 – Nick Carraway, Tom Buchanan, Jordan Baker The Great Gatsby
- 1926 – Jake Barnes, Brett Ashley, Robert Cohn The Sun Also Rises
- 1928 – Macheath, Jonathan Peachum, Jenny The Threepenny Opera
- 1930 – Sam Spade, Casper Gutman, Brigid O’Shaugnessy The Maltese Falcon
- 1937 – George Milton, Lennie Small, Slim Of Mice and Men
- 1943 – Curly McLain, Laurey Williams, Jud Fry Oklahoma!
- 1944 – Amanda Wingfield, Tom Wingfield, Jim O’Connor The Glass Menagerie
- 1945 – Napoleon, Snowball, Boxer Animal Farm
- 1953 – Estragon, Pozzo, Lucky Waiting for Godot
- 1954 – Ralph, Piggy, Jack Lord of the Flies
- 1955 – Dolores Haze, Clare Quilty, Annabel Leigh Lolita
- 1957 – Sal Paradise, Dean Moriarty, Carlo Marx On the Road
- 1961 – Colonel Cathcart, Milo Minderbinder, Doctor Daneeka Catch-22
- 1962 – Martha, George, Nick, Honey Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
- 1975 – Velma Kelly, Roxie Hart, Billy Flynn Chicago
- 1983 – Richard Roma, Shelley Levine, Dave Moss Glengarry Glen Ross
- What is the only number with its letters in alphabetical order in English? Forty
- What country’s filmmakers have received the most Academy Awards for Best Foreign-Language Film? Italy (14)
- What are the names of the three small bones in the middle ear of humans and other mammals? Hammer, anvil, stirrup (Latin: malleus, incus, stapes)
- The wireless charging standard used by recent Android and Apple cellular phones is named after what Chinese word for life force or vital energy? Qi
- What beer brand changed the color of its logo between 1951 and 1991 to avoid associations with the Soviet bloc? Heineken (red five-pointed star changed to white with red outline)
- What are the eight major food allergens required by the FDA to be called out on food packaging?
- Tree nuts
- First marketed in Britain in 1947, Polo Mints are most similar to what American candy? Life Savers
- What type of professional would use a “Dutch angle” in their work? Film/TV director or cinematographer
- Alphabetical characters in basic Braille consist of raised bumps within a grid of how many spaces? Six
- What is the title of the poem by Emma Lazarus displayed at the Statue of Liberty? “The New Colossus”
- Featured on the flags and coats of arms of Sicily and the Isle of Man, the triskelion is a design element made up of three what? Legs
- After more than 50 years as the most-grown apple cultivar in the United States, the Red Delicious fell to second place in 2018, behind what other apple variety? Gala
Final question (Category: Food)
What brand of hot sauce is named after an ancient settlement in Mexico which boasts the largest pyramid in the Americas?