Click each question to reveal the correct answer.
- Of the ten most-watched television broadcasts in American history, nine were Super Bowls, and the other was the final episode of what TV series? M * A * S * H
- If a British cookbook called for “rocket”, what would you need to buy in an American grocery store? Arugula
- Very briefly, what sort of design is a saltire, as found on flags and coats of arms? Diagonal cross or X
- What four MLB teams have won at least one World Series but have never lost any?
- Blue Jays (1992 and 1993)
- Marlins (1997 and 2003)
- Diamondbacks (2001)
- Angels (2002)
- Prior to Hamilton this year, what two other Best Musical Tony winners were based on the lives of, and named after, real-world political figures?
- What common human bodily reaction is medically referred to as “horripilation”? Goose bumps
- What holiday-themed name is given to secret or hidden features in video games? Easter egg
- On the MTV show Beavis and Butthead, the title characters are most often seen wearing T-shirts for what two musical groups?
- What does “SIM” stand for, as in the SIM card in a cellular phone? Subscriber identity/identification module
- Prior to being overtaken by The Simpsons, what was the longest-running prime-time series on American television, with 635 episodes from 1955 to 1975? Gunsmoke
- On this day (September 20) in 1973, what two tennis players participated in the “Battle of the Sexes” match at the Houston Astrodome?
- Billie Jean King
- Bobby Riggs
- The Indian Ocean island of Mauritius has the only national coat of arms depicting what animal? Dodo
Draw each of the characters listed below, given its name in the official Unicode specification.
- Almost equal to ≈
- Angstrom sign Å
- Ankh ☥
- Beamed sixteenth notes ♬
- Currency sign ¤
- Diameter sign ⌀
- Double dagger ‡
- Eject symbol ⏏
- Interrobang ‽
- Logical or ∨
- Lozenge ◊
- Music natural sign ♮
- Not sign ¬
- Ohm sign Ω
- Per mille sign ‰
- Pilcrow sign ¶
- Position indicator ⌖
- Power symbol ⏻
- Sound recording copyright ℗
- Warning sign ⚠
Bonus: Though they may not know it, most Mac users will be familiar with the character offically designated as the Place of interest sign. Draw this symbol.
- A 1999 episode of Futurama centers around a TV series called Single Female Lawyer, a spoof of what actual show? Ally McBeal
- What is the name of the jazz tune used as the theme song of the Harlem Globetrotters? “Sweet Georgia Brown”
- What is the everyday term for what is known in culinary science as the Maillard reaction? Browning
- What unit of measurement is approximately equal to 746 watts? Horsepower
- Who performed at the Super Bowl halftime show the first time the halftime show drew more TV viewers than the football game? Michael Jackson (Super Bowl XXVII in January 1993)
- What modern-day language uses the standard Roman alphabet, plus two unique letters called “eth” and “thorn”? Icelandic
- Mohair is a fiber obtained from what type of animal? Goat
- Analogous to the Medal of Honor in the United States, what is the highest decoration awarded to members of the British armed services? Victoria Cross
- Who was the most recent U.S. President not to successfully seat any Supreme Court Justices during his Presidency? Jimmy Carter
- What museum’s original name upon its founding in 1939 was The Museum of Non-Objective Painting? The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- What US city’s airport processes more cargo than any other airport in the country? Memphis, TN
- What country was the world’s largest producer of quinoa as of 2014? Peru
Final question (Category: Food)
What oyster dish first created in 1899 in New Orleans got its name from the richness of its sauce?