Click each question to reveal the correct answer.
- A Bellini cocktail is flavored with what fruit? Peach
- Who is the only U.S. President to have been born in New York City? Theodore Roosevelt (28 East 20th Street in Manhattan)
- Which of the five Great Lakes is the smallest in area? Lake Ontario
- What was the name of the van driven by the crime-solving teens in Scooby-Doo? The Mystery Machine
- The first McDonald’s location in Europe opened in what country? The Netherlands
- The Hollywood Walk of Fame awards stars in what five categories?
- Theater/live performance
Bonus: Who is the only person to be awarded a star in all five of the Hollywood Walk of Fame categories?
- What is the name of Selma Bouvier’s pet iguana on The Simpsons? Jub-Jub
- What does the acronym “HTTP” stand for? Hypertext transfer protocol
- In musical notation, a semiquaver is also known by what fractional name? Sixteenth note
- What two types of precious gems are made up of a crystalline form of aluminum oxide?
- What are the only two U.S. state capitals which border a neighboring state?
- Trenton, NJ
- Carson City, NV
- The most distinctive ingredient in the Aviation cocktail is a liqueur with what floral flavoring? Violet
Name the primary ingredient of each dish listed; name two ingredients for dishes indicated with (×2). Note: answers may be repeated.
- Baba ghannouj (Middle East) Eggplant
- Black pudding (British Isles) Blood
- Borscht (Eastern Europe) Beets
- Colcannon (Ireland) (×2) Potatoes; kale
- Gravlax (Scandinavia) Salmon
- Hasenpfeffer (Germany) Rabbit
- Hoppin’ John (Southern U.S.) (×2) Black-eyed peas; rice
- Johnny cakes (New England) Corn
- Kapusta (Poland) Cabbage
- Kheer (India) Rice
- Kitfo (Ethiopia) Beef
- Masoor dal (India) Red lentils
- Merguez (Northern Africa) Lamb
- Moon cake (China) Bean paste
- Nattō (Japan) Soybeans
- Ropa vieja (Cuba) Beef
- Rösti (Switzerland) Potatoes
- Shish taouk (Middle East) Chicken
- Shoo-fly pie (Southern U.S.) Molasses
- Som tam (Thailand) Papaya
- Spanakopita (Greece) Spinach
- Tamagoyaki (Japan) Egg
- Tarte tatin (France) Apples
- Vichysoisse (France) (×2) Potatoes; leeks
- Welsh rarebit (British Isles) (×2) Cheese; bread
- For what is Avery Island, Louisiana most well-known? Production of Tabasco sauce
- Beethoven originally dedicated his Heroic Symphony to whom? Napoleon Bonaparte
- Introduced in 1956, the Zenith Space Command was the first consumer version of what device? Wireless TV remote control
- In 1989, what duo won the first-ever Grammy for Best Rap Performance? DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince
- Where in the human body is the hyoid bone located? The neck
- What is the common name of the mathematical symbol known as an obelus? Division sign
- John Philip Sousa was commissioned in 1889 to write a march for what American newspaper? The Washington Post
- Ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction is a surgical procedure nicknamed after what former Major League Baseball pitcher? Tommy John
- In the movie Demolition Man, what is the only chain restaurant left in the world in 2032, after the Franchise Wars? Taco Bell
- What was the only U.S. state with fewer people in 2010 than in 2000? Michigan
- Whose autobiography was titled Long Walk to Freedom? Nelson Mandela
- A person suffering from anosmia is unable to do what? Smell
Final question (Category: Drinks)
In the 1730s, Johann Sebastian Bach wrote a choral work satirizing the newly-acquired taste in Germany for what drink?
Coffee (informally known as the Coffee Cantata)