Click each question to reveal the correct answer.
- What is the largest Canadian province (not territory) by land area? Québec
- What two NFL teams’ logos contain images of weapons?
- Oakland Raiders
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- What European brewery’s name forms part of the Latin name of a strain of lager yeast? Carlsberg (saccharomyces carlsbergensis)
- The song “Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah” was originally written for what 1946 Disney film? Song of the South
- What are the five stages of grief in the Kübler-Ross model?
- Mozart’s last symphony has what astronomical nickname? Jupiter
- What color name in English comes from an Urdu word meaning “soil-colored” or “dusty”? Khaki
- In baseball statistics, what does the acronym WHIP stand for? Walks plus Hits per Inning Pitched
- In what city was President William McKinley assassinated? Buffalo, NY
- California Gray, Plymouth Rock, Jersey Giant, and Scots Dumpy are types of what? Chicken
- In 2004, this author had a voice cameo on The Simpsons, depicted in cartoon form with a paper bag over his head. Thomas Pynchon
- The Whiskey Rebellion took place from 1791 to 1794 in what U.S. state? Pennsylvania
Given each list of ingredients, list the cocktail that is made with them. For example, Gin, dry vermouth, olive → Martini.
- Champagne, orange juice Mimosa
- Whiskey, vermouth, bitters Manhattan
- Rum, pineapple juice, coconut milk Piña colada
- Vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice, lime Cosmopolitan
- Whiskey, lemon juice, simple syrup, egg white Whiskey sour
- Vodka, Kahlúa, Coca-Cola Black Russian
- Bourbon, simple syrup, mint Mint julep
- Tequila, orange juice, grenadine Tequila sunrise
- Whiskey, sugar, bitters, orange twist Old-fashioned
- Gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, club soda Tom Collins
- Rum, lime juice, simple syrup Daiquiri
- Tequila, triple sec, lime juice Margarita
- Gin, lime cordial Gimlet
- Cognac, crème de cacao, cream Brandy Alexander
- Dark rum, ginger beer, lime Dark and Stormy
- Sparkling wine, peach purée Bellini
- Rye whiskey, sugar, absinthe, Peychaud’s bitters Sazerac
- White and dark rum, orange curaçao, orgeat, lime juice Mai tai
- Gin, Campari, sweet vermouth Negroni
- Vodka, Galliano, orange juice Harvey Wallbanger
- Gin, lime juice, club soda Gin rickey
- Scotch, sweet vermouth, bitters Rob Roy
- Cognac, lemon juice, triple sec Sidecar
- Gin, Angostura bitters Pink gin
- White wine, crème de cassis Kir
- Cyanoacrylate is better known to consumers as what? Super Glue
- What are the northernmost and southernmost teams in the National Hockey League?
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- What tradition in the British Royal Navy ended on July 31, 1970? Issue of a daily rum ration
- What was the last movie to win the Oscar for Best Picture and be the top-grossing film that year? The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
- What two Cabinet departments were established during Lyndon Johnson’s Presidency?
- Housing and Urban Development
- What is the purpose of a Brannock Device? Measuring shoe size
- The English word “grenade” is derived from a foreign word for what fruit? Pomegranate (from French grenade)
- What are the four tournaments in the tennis Grand Slam?
- Australian Open
- French Open
- U.S. Open
- Citrine is a yellowish quartz crystal sometimes sold as a substitute for what birthstone? Topaz (for November)
- What is the only country other than the United States with a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier in its navy? France (the Charles de Gaulle)
- In what state is the real hotel used for exterior shots of the Overlook Hotel in the film The Shining? Oregon (the Timberline Lodge, in Mount Hood National Forest)
- The first recorded usage of the phrase “one fell swoop” is found in what Shakespeare play? Macbeth
Final question (Category: Soft drinks)
Until 1950, what soft drink contained the mood-stabilizing drug lithium citrate?
7-Up (its full original name: “Bib-Label Lithiated Lemon-Lime Soda”)